Are you a student struggling to find interesting and engaging essay topics for your next essay?
Choosing the right essay topic can be a daunting task. It often feels overwhelming to find a topic that is both captivating and meets the requirements of your essay.
Without a compelling topic, you may struggle to engage your readers and convey your ideas effectively.
But fear not! In this blog post, we provide a list of topics to choose from.
By exploring these diverse topics, students will not only find inspiration but also develop their critical thinking and analytical skills.
Let's dive in and explore the endless possibilities together!
Paper Due? Why Suffer? That's our Job!
Good Essay Topics for Students
A good essay topic will make your writing phase easy and help you get good grades from the teacher. When you pick the essay topic, make sure it is interesting and meets your teacherâs requirements.
We compiled some simple essay topics that will help you in creating a great essay.
Essay Topics for Kids
- Describe your worst nightmare.
- Football vs. baseball.
- Why is math hard?
- How to help animals?
- If I Could Fly.
- Benefits of drinking tea Vs. Coffee.
- Is your school day too short?
- Our school library.
- What do you like best about winter?
- Christmas Eve with family and friends.
Essay Topics for Grade 3
- My Favorite Season
- My Best Friend
- If I Were a Superhero
- A Place I Like to Visit
- My Dream Job
- The Best Day of My Life
- My Favorite Animal
- My Family
- The Importance of Kindness
- My Favorite Book
Essay Topics for Grade 4
- My last summer vacation.
- What is the funniest thing you've ever seen?
- How to prevent bullying?
- Why is it important to be honest and not lie?
- What do you like about how you look?
- What is your favorite television show, and why?
- Can you live without television?
- How are we affecting the environment?
- Importance of recycling.
- If I Could Have a Superpower
Essay Topics for Grade 5
- Write a poem about your favorite season.
- Skating and running have a lot in common.
- Who is your hero, and why?
- What if the president were a kid?
- Being rich vs. being famous.
- Cereal is not a healthy breakfast.
- A random act of kindness.
- Are boys too dominating?
- The rainy season.
- The Value of Honesty
Essay Topics for Middle School Students
- What is your favorite childrenâs literature?
- From your point of view, what factors contribute to a good movie?
- Write about a vacation that you will never forget.
- Should people be allowed to keep exotic animals like chimpanzees or tigers?
- Should sports marketing professionals earn more money?
- Difference between effects of books and video games on morals.
- How many friends do teens need to have?
- How do online high schools compare to traditional education?
- What are the best informative essay topics?
- Should students be able to pick their teachers?
Essay Topics for Grade 6
- Tom and Jerry are the best cartoons.
- Reading is more important than math.
- A field trip that your class took.
- Annual day in my school.
- How to deal with a bully
- A world where dogs take over.
- Should boys and girls be in separate classes?
- Describe your future life.
- How should parents be an example to their children?
- Technology and education.
Essay Topics for Grade 7
- The value of volunteerism
- The impact of social media on relationships
- A good diet means good health.
- Zoos are unsafe for young children.
- My favorite academic writing website.
- Why is it important to set goals?
- What is the best decision you ever made?
- Schools and colleges should minimize the fees.
- Effects of social media on youth.
- How fair is our election process?
Essay Topics for Class 8
- The importance of financial literacy
- Exploring gender equality.
- Technology makes people's lives better.
- Is the death penalty right?
- Youth activism
- The power of literature
- Do you prefer weekdays or weekends?
- The matter of age in a relationship.
- Do your teachers use technology well?
- Do you make friends slowly or quickly?
Essay Topics for Class 9
- The impact of social media on young people's mental health
- Should school uniforms be mandatory? Why or why not?
- How can we reduce bullying in schools?
- The importance of physical exercise for students
- Is homeschooling a better option than traditional schooling?
- The benefits and drawbacks of online learning
- The impact of technology on communication skills
- The impact of fast food on public health
- The effects of climate change on the environment
- The importance of conserving natural resources for future generations
Essay Topics for Class 10
- The impact of chemical fertilizers on the environment
- The role of mathematics in daily life
- The importance of vaccines in preventing diseases
- The physics of roller coasters
- The impact of social media on mental health
- The benefits of learning a second language
- The impact of computers on modern society
- The role of art and music in promoting mental health
- The history and significance of the Indian Constitution
- The impact of globalization on Indian economy
Essay Topics for O levels
- Why is education important for personal and societal development?
- How has social media changed the way we communicate and interact with one another?
- How can sports help individuals develop discipline, teamwork, and leadership skills?
- What are some of the drawbacks of technological advancements in our daily lives?
- What can individuals and governments do to promote sustainable development?
- How has globalization affected cultural diversity and individual identity?
- Why is it important to prioritize mental health?
- Should animals be used for scientific research?
- How have historical events shaped the world we live in today?
- How can volunteerism and community service benefit both individuals and society?
Essay Topics for High School Students
- Does social media negatively impact teenagersâ social lives?
- Do you always have your phone or tablet at your side?
- Should children be punished for inappropriate behavior?
- What is the most important thing in the world to you?
- Is there a connection between real-life violence and video games?
- Ways to deal with insomnia and other sleeping disorders.
- Do advancements in modern technologies ruin childhood?
- The implementation of capital punishment should be adopted universally.
- Methods of preventing excessive air pollution from factories.
- Pros and cons of getting admission to an expensive university.
Essay Topics for Grade 12
- The Benefits and Challenges of Online Learning
- The Ethics of Artificial Intelligence
- The Role of Social Media in Politics
- The Importance of Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
- The Impact of Climate Change on Global Health
- The Ethics of Genetic Engineering
- The Pros and Cons of Universal Basic Income
- The Future of Space Exploration
- The Value of Intercultural Competence
- The Role of Art and Culture in Society
Essay Topics for College Students
- What are the advantages the US educational system offers to international students?
- Explain the possible consequences of dropping out of college.
- Social media has played a big role in increasing business opportunities.
- What is one thing you want to accomplish in college?
- How would you feel about a computer grading your essays?
- What is an extracurricular activity that has been meaningful to you?
- Professional athletes are overpaid.
- Do you know the secret to Taylor Swift's popularity?
- The day you decided to change your life.
- Can you succeed in life working in the field of art?
Essay Topics for University Level
- The Ethics of Human Cloning
- The Impact of Artificial Intelligence on Employment
- The Role of Mass Media in Shaping Public Opinion
- The Relationship between Technology and Privacy
- The Pros and Cons of Renewable Energy
- The Future of Healthcare
- The Impact of Globalization on Economic Inequality
- The Ethics of Animal Rights
- The Importance of Cultural Diversity in Education
- The Role of Government in Addressing Climate Change
As the world continues to recover from the effects of the pandemic, it's worth examining some of the topics that emerged during this unprecedented time.
Here are some potential COVID-19 topics to reflect on:
- How does the current situation compare with other major outbreaks in history?
- What steps need to be taken now, or soon inaction might lead?
- How do you get COVID-19?
- Where do coronaviruses come from?
- School life during COVID-19
- How is coronavirus diagnosed?
- Mental health challenges during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Pros and cons of self-isolation
- The effects of Covid-19 on business
- A person or special friend you lost due to COVID-19
Paper Due? Why Suffer? That's our Job!
Essay Topics by Category
Here are some essay topics that can be categorized into different types of essays.
Good Argumentative Essay Topics
An argumentative essay presents arguments for and against an issue. You have to show both sides of the issue, but you only need to focus on the side that you support the most.
Some good argumentative essay topics are below:
- What should be done to reduce income inequality?
- Should self-driving cars be legal?
- Should companies market to children?
- Is it still important to teach English in schools?
- Are emojis beneficial or destructive to communication?
- Should women be allowed to fight on the front lines alongside men?
- Is cheese a good enough substitute for milk?
- Should the United States have one official language?
- Are the public school policies reasonable?
- The sales and production of tobacco should be made illegal.
Controversial Argumentative Essay Topics
Essay topics are sometimes controversial. For your help, check this list that gives you ideas for a great essay.
- Are hot dogs bad for you?
- Should euthanasia be illegal?
- Paper books vs. E-books.
- Are school uniforms advantageous?
- Should torture be acceptable?
- Sports make you a good student.
- Is bottled water safe?
- Monarchy: pros and cons.
- Is prostitution a crime?
- Should gym classes be required?
Funny Argumentative Essay Topics
Do you want to make your essay more interesting? Why not try a funny topic? Humor is a great way to get your reader's attention and keep them interested in what you have to say.
Look at the below-mentioned interesting essay topics and write a great one.
- Why is wearing braces fun?
- Why are dogs, irreplaceable friends?
- Can a diamond be a girlâs best friend?
- Does Google make us smart?
- Things your mother is always saying.
- How to deal with breakups?
- Is music class necessary?
- Why do women like evening outs?
- Can I join your family?
- How not to sleep?
Persuasive Essay Topics
A persuasive essay is a type of writing that you are often asked to do in high school, college, and university. It shows how well you can persuade people with facts and logic.
Here are some topics that you can use for your help.
- Should healthcare be universal?
- Should students learn cursive writing in school?
- School should take place in the evenings.
- What is the funniest movie youâve ever seen?
- Do hobbies help people with their careers?
- How does it benefit nature to reduce human paper consumption?
- Dreamers must obtain permission to stay in the US.
- Schools should have playtime in between classes.
- Churches should pay taxes too.
- Is solar energy worth the cost?
Narrative Essay Topics
A narrative essay is a type of writing that tells the writer's story and experiences. The writer's point of view and life events entertain the audience in this essay type.
Below are some good narrative essay topics for your help.
- The story of how you got your first pet.
- How did you write your first essay?
- The beginning of a friendship or relationship.
- What I remember most about my childhood.
- The best songwriters of modern times.
- Write about a time when you felt on top of the world.
- Growing up in New York.
- How much time do you spend alone?
- A day in the life of a flight attendant.
- Did you like any particular subject when in school?
Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
In a compare and contrast essay, you show how two things are similar and different. This essay type is easy to write because you donât need to use facts, but you have to express your thoughts.
The following are the topics for your ease.
- Mobile healthcare units or stationary clinics.
- Formulas of two different chemical reactions.
- Public vs. private transportation.
- Chocolate and marmalade candies.
- How do education and employment compare?
- British colonization and Spanish colonization.
- Eating fast food against consuming healthy meals.
- African countries vs. European countries.
- Differences and similarities: Writing emails and letters.
- Plagiarizing content vs. cheating on exams.
Cause and Effect Essay Topics
It is fascinating to discuss the effects and causes of two subjects in an essay. An essay that discusses the effects and causes of two subjects enhances the studentsâ creative and analytical skills.
Take a look at the below topics and choose the best one for your essay.
- How happy relationships affect a person.
- Coke and Pepsi: Their influence on our health.
- What causes social media sites to lose popularity?
- Why would you mix Coke and Pepsi at breakfast?
- How does college differ from university?
- Explain the outcomes of low social status.
- Microplastic in food damages human health.
- What are the main reasons couples get divorced?
- What are the consequences of drinking and driving?
- How does social media help in overcoming shyness?
Informative Essay Topics
An informative essay is a type of essay that provides detailed information to the readers. This type of essay requires good research skills.
Check out the below topics for your informative essay assignment.
- Kindness is the utmost personal trait.
- Things that cause eating disorders.
- What is the importance of oxygen?
- How can tanning be dangerous for your skin?
- The events that led up to World War II.
- Trump presidency outcomes.
- The important human health vitamins.
- How to clean your room?
- Eating Maggi destroys your health.
- Importance of vitamin C.
Research Essay Topics
When you write a research essay, you present an issue based on the work of scholars and scientists.
Here are some interesting research essay topics that you can use or alter according to your teacherâs requirements:
- What is the future of religion?
- Effects of homeschooling.
- What are the pros and cons of cloud computing?
- How does a search engine work?
- Should prayer be a part of high school?
- Can bullying be a cause for murder?
- Effects of vaccination.
- How do behavioral patterns develop?
- The importance of mental health.
- Explain the art of Ancient Egypt.
Expository Essay Topics
An expository essay's main goal is to explain a process or a cause-and-effect relationship. You have to use facts and research to support what you say. The biggest difference between an expository essay and other types of essays is that the point you are trying to argue is based on analysis, not just your opinion.
Some good expository essay topics below for your essay assignment:
- Explain why teens do drugs.
- How would you stop racism?
- How was your first day at school?
- Explain how a seed becomes a plant?
- Describe the state of the cure for cancer
- What makes a good friend?
- Explain how tobacco companies target teenagers.
- How to become a leader?
- Why do kids lie?
- Autocorrect could ruin your life.
Definition Essay Topics
In a definition essay, the essay writer gives a clear and concise definition of a term. In most cases, these essays are about terms that are not concrete and which can have different meanings depending on the culture or personal perspective.
Here are some excellent topics for a definition essay:
- Does money matter?
- Is one friend enough?
- What is honesty?
- Modern art
- Social media
- Define smelly cats/
- What is college for you?
- What is physics?
- Are bananas fruit?
- Explain the word âagility.â
Descriptive Essay Topics
A descriptive essay focuses on describing details of a particular person, place, event, etc. Descriptive essays are usually about personal experiences or things that are vivid in the writer's memory.
Any topic can be used for a descriptive essay. For your help, we gathered some great topics, so take a look at them and pick the best one.
- Describe a lucky object.
- The best singer
- My first flight
- My favorite singer
- Going fishing.
- The traffic signal
- A pizza
- An inspiring view
- Best summer vacation
- Piece of art
Personal Essay Topics
A personal essay is a story about your life. It should be written in a friendly, intimate tone. The essay should reflect your character and examine the emotions you have felt because of certain events that have happened to you.
Here is a great list of topics for your help.
- Your biggest loss
- What makes you a good coworker or friend?
- How did you get hurt?
- What was your most precious childhood possession?
- Why do people like karaoke?
- Your bucket list of wishes
- Why do some people avoid vaccines?
- Child discipline
- Your family traditions.
- Why donât I smoke?
Problem Solution Essay Topics
A problem-solution essay is a persuasive type of writing. It presents a problem and then describes it in detail. The writer must show how to fix the problem, and they must be convincing. The essay must have strong evidence and arguments that prove that the given solution is the best.
Below are some topics that can make your essay great.
- What obstacles prevent people from getting help?
- Should college athletes be paid?
- How can schools promote tolerance?
- Educating women on self-defense
- Helping young people create a healthy family.
- What are the ways of avoiding cheating?
- The films are just not very good
- Business problems
- Rising costs of bills
Classification Essay Topics
A classification essay is a formal piece of writing that shows how you group things together. You might put things with similar characteristics together or with things that are different.
Check out some great essay topics.
- Types of Music Genres
- Healthy breakfast foods
- Types of fashion brands.
- Reasons why graffiti is an art form.
- Types of lectures
- Portable music players
- Types of Food Cuisines
- Types of therapies
- Examples of women
- Types of internet commerce
Proposal Essay Topics
A proposal essay is a type of essay where you propose an idea and try to convince the reader why it is a good or bad idea.
You can pick any of the topics from the below-mentioned list and write a great essay.
- Can vaccines cause autism?
- The impact of gender roles in Roman society.
- A program for attracting more men nurses.
- What tests should be eliminated?
- Offer simple ways to deal with stray animals.
- Best ways to handle overbearing parents.
- Do statistical arguments in sports help?
- Turning points in personal life
- Should teens have jobs?
- How to decrease the number of smokers?
Essay Topics on Technology
- The impact of blockchain technology on supply chain management
- The ethics of using drones in military operations
- The role of technology in promoting sustainable agriculture
- The use of biometrics in modern security systems
- The impact of technology on the music industry
- The benefits and drawbacks of self-driving cars
- The potential of nanotechnology in medical research
- The impact of technology on modern art
- The role of artificial intelligence in improving cybersecurity
- The impact of technology on the gig economy
Tips for Choosing the Best Topics
Choosing the perfect essay topic is one of those things you really should do before starting your essay. If it's not something that interests or excites you, then how will anyone else find any passion in reading about it?
A good backbone for an interesting essay starts with a strong idea. For your help, we gathered some tips that will help you in choosing a good essay topic.
- Identify your interests: Choose a topic that you are interested in or passionate about. This will make the research and writing process more enjoyable and engaging for you.
- Consider your audience: Think about who will be reading your essay. Choose a topic that is relevant and interesting to your audience.
- Research your options: Do some preliminary research on your topic options. Ensure that there is enough information available to write a comprehensive essay.
- Narrow your focus: If a topic seems too broad or general, try to narrow it down to a specific aspect or angle that you can explore in more detail.
- Brainstorm multiple ideas: Generate a list of potential essay topics and then narrow down the options based on your interests, research, and audience.
- Be creative: Don't be afraid to explore unique or unconventional topics that may not have been covered extensively before. This can help your essay stand out and capture the reader's attention.
Now, you get a list of several essay topics for your college essay assignment. You can experiment with generating new topics using an AI essay writer as well. However, if you need help in the essay writing phase, simply consult CollegeEssay.org.
Our professional essay writers will help you in writing top-notch essays. So, place your "write my essay" request now and get an experienced writerâs help for your assignments.