You're staring at a blank screen, trying to come up with a topic for your persuasive essay. You know you need to pick something interesting, but you're unsure where to start.
It's hard to get motivated when it feels like everything has already been said on the topic you're considering. You are wondering how can you make your essay stand out.
The good news is that CollegeEssay.org is here to help.
We have compiled a list of potential persuasive essay topics to get your creative juices flowing. Whether you are looking for something controversial, humorous, or informative – we have it all.
Take a look at our list of persuasive essay topics below to get started.
Unique Persuasive Essay Topics for Students
Writing a persuasive essay can be quite an interesting task for students. It allows them to showcase their research and analytic skills and present their thoughts orderly.
Choosing the right topic is key to making the writing process more enjoyable.
Here are some great ideas that you can use for your essay:
Persuasive Essay Topics for Middle School
- Should students be required to wear uniforms in school?
- What are the benefits of a longer school day?
- How can technology help improve student engagement and learning?
- Is it important for all schools to have equal access to resources?
- Should physical education be mandatory in all schools?
- How can schools better prepare students for entering the job market?
- Should a studentâs grade be based solely on test performance?
- Is it important to limit screen time, or should there not be restrictions?
- Should recess time be increased or decreased in school?
- Is it beneficial for students to take part in after-school activities?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 6
- Should school lunch prices be lowered to make it more accessible for all students?
- Is there an argument for allowing cell phone usage in the classroom?
- Should schools offer a wider variety of electives?
- Is there a persuasive case for requiring physical education classes in elementary and middle schools?
- Should students be allowed to opt-out of standardized testing?
- Is the current homework load for elementary and middle school students too much?
- Should school provide free breakfast and lunch to all students, regardless of financial status?
- Should sixth-grade classes have more field trips and outdoor activities?
- Should students have access to more technology in the classroom?
- Is there an argument for making recess mandatory for all grade levels?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 7
- Should schools have a dress code?
- Should students be required to do community service projects to graduate?
- Is it necessary for all student-athletes to take mandatory drug tests?
- Are the current laws on gun control sufficient enough?
- Should same-sex marriage be legal?
- Should teenage drivers be allowed to have passengers in their cars?
- Is standardized testing an effective measure of student success?
- Should homework be abolished in schools?
- Should young children be allowed to use mobile phones or tablets at school?
- Are video games too violent for young children?
Persuasive Essay Topics for High School
- Should physical education classes be mandatory in high school?
- Is a strict dress code necessary for student success?
- Are standardized tests an effective measure of student achievement?
- Does social media have a positive or negative impact on teenagers?
- Should students be allowed to grade their teachers?
- Should cell phones be prohibited in the classroom?
- Should schools offer fast food options like McDonald's or Taco Bell?
- Is competitive sports necessary for a well-rounded education?
- Are after-school activities essential to a studentâs development?
- Should students be allowed to choose their classes?
Persuasive Essay Topics for College
- Should universities require all students to take at least one course in diversity studies?
- Should universities implement free speech zones on campuses?
- Should college athletes be paid for their performance?
- Is it ethical for employers to ask about an applicantâs criminal history during the hiring process?
- Should college students be required to take a foreign language course?
- Should the US government provide free tuition for all qualifying students?
- Is it ethical to use animals in scientific research?
- Are standardized tests an adequate measure of academic aptitude and ability?
- Should paper textbooks be replaced with e-books?
- Should all students be required to learn coding and computer science in school?
Persuasive Essay Topics for University
- Should universities offer free tuition to all students?
- Are special scholarships beneficial for university students?
- Should college athletes be paid for their services?
- Is it important for universities to provide mental health resources to their students?
- How can universities help prevent cheating and plagiarism among students?
- Should universities be required to provide online courses?
- Are university degree requirements outdated and irrelevant?
- Is it necessary for university students to take physical education classes?
- Does the presence of social media in academia positively or negatively impact learning?
- Should universities prioritize research over teaching?
Interesting Persuasive Essay Topics from Different Fields
When choosing essay topics, there is no shortage of interesting persuasive essay topics from different fields available.
Here are some examples of interesting persuasive essay topics from different fields:
Arts & Culture
- Should museums be more inclusive of diverse cultures?
- Should the government fund public art programs?
- Are comic books an important form of literature?
- Does graffiti have any value as an art form?
- Is the traditional concept of beauty outdated in todayâs society?
- Is it important for the public to have access to art galleries and museums?
- Do modern movies have any real artistic value?
- Are video games a form of art?
- Should government funding be given to the performing arts?
- Does the music industry put too much emphasis on image rather than talent?
- Should governments guarantee a minimum wage?
- Should the government subsidize green energy projects?
- Is it necessary to introduce higher taxes on wealthy people?
- Are free trade agreements beneficial or detrimental to developing countries?
- Can economic growth be sustained without harming the environment?
- Is immigration beneficial or detrimental to a countryâs economic growth?
- Should governments limit the size of banks and financial institutions?
- Is it necessary for countries to regulate their currency markets?
- Should governments invest in renewable energy sources instead of fossil fuels?
- Should high officials pay more taxes?
- Should students be required to complete a certain number of community service hours to graduate?
- Should school uniforms be mandatory for all public schools?
- Are textbooks becoming obsolete due to technological advances?
- Should the education system focus more on practical subjects such as coding and programming?
- Is the current grading system in public schools fair and effective?
- Is homeschooling a viable alternative to traditional schooling?
- Should standardized testing be abolished from the education system?
- Should teachers receive bonuses for good performance in the classroom?
- Are students more likely to succeed if they attend a private school or university?
- Should all students have access to free college tuition?
- Is using animals in medical research ethical?
- Should parents be allowed to choose their childâs gender?
- Should companies be held responsible for the pollution they create?
- Are businesses obligated to act ethically when conducting business abroad?
- Is it ethical to censor content on the internet?
- Should the government enforce stricter regulations on genetically modified food?
- Is it ethical to use artificial intelligence in decision-making processes?
- Should corporations be allowed to have their own private security forces?
- Are restrictions on freedom of speech necessary for public safety?
- Do companies have an ethical responsibility to pay fair wages?
Government and Politics
- Should the government regulate social media?
- Should term limits be placed on members of Congress?
- Are taxes too high in the United States?
- Should voting be mandatory for all citizens?
- Is the Electoral College still relevant today?
- Does the death penalty serve as a deterrent to crime?
- Should the US switch to a single-payer health care system?
- Should there be limits on campaign spending?
- Should the United States adopt a flat tax system?
- Is it time to repeal the Second Amendment?
- Is legalizing marijuana an ethical practice?
- Should parents be allowed to choose the gender of their child?
- Is it ethical to test medicines on animals?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of genetic engineering?
- Are there any health risks associated with using digital screens too often?
- Should physical education be mandatory in every school?
- Is the healthcare system in your country adequate for your needs?
- Are there any benefits to eating organic food?
- How does mental health affect physical health?
- Should vaccinations be mandatory for all children?
- Was the Spanish Inquisition justified?
- Were the American Colonists justified in rebelling against Great Britain?
- Did Christopher Columbusâ discoveries benefit or harm indigenous populations?
- What effect did Genghis Khan have on world history?
- Did World War I significantly change the course of history?
- Was the Treaty of Versailles fair to Germany?
- Did Napoleon Bonaparteâs rule bring about positive or negative changes for France and Europe?
- Should the United States annexed the Philippines in 1898?
- How did the Great Depression shape world history?
- Is there any validity to the theory of a âclash of civilizationsâ?
- Should artificial intelligence be regulated?
- Should autonomous vehicles be allowed on public roads?
- Is the internet making us less social?
- Should research into cloning be banned?
- Are there moral issues related to genetic engineering?
- Should governments fund space exploration programs?
- Are smart home devices making us more vulnerable to cyberattacks?
- Should the government regulate social media use?
- Are robots taking away jobs from humans?
- Should nuclear energy be used as an alternative to fossil fuels?
- Should professional athletes be drug tested?
- Is there a gender gap in sports?
- Should college athletes be paid for their performances?
- Does skill or luck decide the outcome of sports competitions?
- Are sporting events becoming too commercialized?
- Is it necessary to increase public funding for sporting events?
- Is the use of performance-enhancing drugs in sports cheating or fair?
- Should college students be able to choose their own sports teams?
- Do professional sports hurt young people?
- Should parents allow children to play violent video games?
- Should schools replace textbooks with tablets?
- Are algorithms replacing human decision-making in the workplace?
- Is it time to regulate the use of facial recognition technology?
- Can artificial intelligence and robots be used to improve healthcare outcomes?
- Should autonomous vehicles be allowed on public roads?
- Should Internet access be a basic human right?
- Should social media platforms do more to protect user privacy?
- Is blockchain technology the future of banking and finance?
- Are virtual assistants such as Siri and Alexa invading privacy?
- Can we trust that autonomous weapons system will make ethical decisions in war?
Here are a few social media persuasive essay topics. Take a look at them.
- Is social media a positive or negative influence on society?
- Should employers be able to access an employee's social media accounts?
- Should people be allowed to post anonymously online?
- How can parents protect their children from the risks of using social media?
- Does the spread of fake news on social media hurt society?
- Should governments regulate online speech on social media?
- Should employers be allowed to conduct background checks using social media?
- Is the personal data of individuals safe from exploitation by corporate interests on social media platforms?
- Are people spending too much time on their digital devices?
- Is the use of social media by young people making them more isolated?
Controversial Persuasive Essay Topics
- Should the death penalty be reinstated in all states?
- Should gun control laws be stricter?
- Is global warming a real threat?
- Are vaccinations safe for children?
- Should prostitution be legalized?
- Should marijuana be made legal?
- Does school uniform violate personal freedom?
- Should genetically modified foods be allowed in the market?
- Should sex education in school be mandatory?
- Should animal testing be banned?
Fun Persuasive Essay Topics
- Should cats be allowed to go to school?
- Should people have a minimum number of friends before they can graduate?
- Is it okay to laugh at your own jokes?
- Should parents be required to take parenting classes?
- Are video games the best way to spend free time?
- Should kids be allowed to wear pajamas in public places?
- Should students have to pass a test before they can drive a car?
- Are cell phones essential for teenagers or should they be limited?
- Should everyone learn how to cook their meals?
- Would it be better if all schools had the same uniform?
Argumentative Persuasive Essay Topics
- Should the electoral college be abolished?
- Is it ethical to eat meat?
- Should the internet have censorship?
- Are genetically modified foods safe for human consumption?
- Is social media good or bad for society?
- Should college athletes be paid for their performance?
- Should the drinking age be lowered or raised?
- Should school attendance be mandatory for students?
- Are video games too violent and negatively influencing children?
- Should religious education be banned from public schools?
How to Choose a Good Persuasive Essay Topic?
Choosing a writing topic for your persuasive essay writing is essential.
The right topic will let you draft an exceptional and well-written essay. Selecting a persuasive essay topic might sound easy, but it can be challenging.
You cannot randomly start writing a persuasive essay about any topic and expect your essay to be brilliant.
To select the best topic for your essay, take these essential steps:
1. Know your Interests - You can only draft an effective essay if you are writing about something that interests you. When you write something you are passionate about, the enthusiasm helps to persuade the readers.
2. Narrow Down Ideas - Make a rough list of the topic of your interest. Then, analyze all the issues and identify topics you think you can present well.
3. Pick your Stance - Now that you know the information is sufficient on a topic, decide your stance. Pick a side to support with evidence and logic.
4. Controversy is the Best Policy - People love to read about controversial stuff. It is more likely that the readers will go through the entire essay to ease their curiosity.
After passing your ideas through these filters, you will have a strong and arguable topic to draft an essay on.
Tips for Writing a Compelling Persuasive Essay
Whether you are in school, college, or university, crafting an effective persuasive essay can be difficult.
Fortunately, with a few tips and tricks, you can create a compelling, persuasive essay that will make your readers take notice.
Here are six tips to help you write a compelling, persuasive essay:
1. Choose Your Topic Carefully
You need to select a relevant and interesting topic for your audience. Make sure you feel passionate about it and can present it logically and convincingly.
2. Do Extensive Research
Before beginning your essay, research your topic as much as possible. So you can present both sides of the argument in an informed, balanced way.
3. Identify Your Audience
Before writing your persuasive essay, consider who will be reading it and their interests.
This will help you write in a language that resonates with them and ensure that your arguments suit their understanding.
4. Use Logical Arguments
It is important to provide logical and compelling arguments to be persuasive. Make sure you use facts, statistics, and other evidence to make your points more convincing.
5. Structure Your Essay Well
An effective persuasive essay should be well-organized. Divide it into an introduction, body paragraphs, and a conclusion.
Pay attention to the structure of your essay, as it can help you make your points more effectively.
Learn how to make a perfect persuasive essay outline with the help of our blog.
6. Make It Engaging
An engaging, persuasive essay will capture your audienceâs attention from beginning to end.
Use various techniques to make your essay interesting and engaging, such as using examples, analogies, and persuasive language.
We hope you are inspired by our comprehensive list of topics. Pick up a topic that entices you and start working on it. By following these amazing tips and tricks, you can surely compose an essay that will wow your professor.
Still not sure how to draft a perfect essay? Well, leave it to us. Our essay writing service helps you craft your argument in the most effective way possible to get the desired results.
Don't let yourself get overwhelmed with the process! Trust our professional persuasive essay writer.
Let CollegeEssay.org's best essay writing service guide you on your journey and take your writing to the next level.
Take the stress out of writing persuasive essays and get the results you need with our expert essay writer AI.